Create Account
 
English
Name des Museums
Titel des Bildes
Zurück zur Suche

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Kunstsammlung Gera / Orangerie



Guided tours of the exhibitions and the collections to The Gera Orangerie is a late Baroque two-winged building in the former kitchen garden of the Prince of Reuss Younger Line. The orange and green house was built in the years 1729 to 1732 and 1748/49 according to plans by the royally-Saxon architect Gottfried Heinrich Krohne. In the course of an eventful history, it served as a hospital and stable, a gym and restaurant, most recently as home of the Art Association of Gera. Since 1972, the Orangery is home to the art collection of Gera.

The foundation's art collection Gera is a considerable inventory of paintings, prints, drawings and sculptures from the Middle Ages to the present.